Shifter

 --- phil miron <pmiron@shaw.ca> wrote: > Hey all,

>     I have an '84 1.8l 8V.  I just did the front end and the shifter
> linkage as well.  Is it just me or is it extremely hard to get right?
>  I adjust one way, and I cant get it into 2nd, the other way and my
> gears are screwed!
>
> confused...
>
> Phil

One thing to remember is that even moving it just one spline will make
a difference.  You might be thinking you're just moving it a bit, but
it might be too much...  I've adjusted it by carefully moving it one
spline at a time until it worked just right (on that car the Bentley
procedure just didn't work - something was bent somewhere...)

HTH,

Mark.
80 S
81 S