Does rear axle from '81 Rabbit fit '81 Scirocco?

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Dan Bubb wrote:

> Sorry about the small slam against diesels. Of course I wasn't slamming
> TURBO diesels! But, whatever. Some of use have to have 16Vs, some are
> happy with 8Vs, some love their diesels.

As I drove by the gas bar this morning in the guzzling winter-betaer Jetta
and saw the $.759/L price I was wondering if it wasn't time to bring the
TD out of hibernation, and damn the salt.

> I hate to gush, but I really love your 5K tachometer! The ultimate in
> truth in advertising!

Yes, the factory Jetta TD tach rounds off the swap nicely.  That and the
factory cold start knob make it easy to convince people that VW really did
make a Turbo Diesel Scirocco... :)

Drew