interior clock stopped, fuse O.K.

Aaron Aunins wrote:

> Yesterday I removed the battery to gain better access to my K&N air
> filter, which turned out to be clogged with bugs and it was a  good
> lesson in entomology.  I cleaned and reoiled the filter, re-installed
> it, and put the battery back in.  When I first started the car, the
> interior clock worked fine.  I set the correct time and then drove
> around to do some errands.  But while I was driving it started to fade,
> and now it is gone completely.  I checked the fuse, but I know that is
> not it because everything else on that circuit worked well.  I also
> checked to make sure I secured the battery terminals well. The
> alternator is only a couple months old (90 amp).  Does anyone have any
> ideas?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Aaron
> 87 16V

Aaron,

Is your clock digital (electrical)? or mechanical/analog (electric motor
driving gears and hands)?

I'm thinking the former. As in it's in the dash between the tach and speedo.

You might want to reach up under the dash and make sure the big, wide
edge connector is firmly attached to the back of the instrument cluster.

This is easier written than reached but I's also wonder if you are
getting a good solid 12 volts or better into the interior of the car.  A
cheap $10 volt-ohm meter will help.

write back with progress, hth.

TBerk