Koni shocks [was Re: OT: Toys for Boys. A new toy for Allyn]

At 11:24 PM 12/26/2003 -0500, Allyn wrote:

>i've spent the entire break so far:
>- coming up with a double-redundant, 4 channel, braking system.
>- finalizing the design for the active suspension

that's beyond the call of duty

>(only loose end is where
>to get the actual struts). anyone got a bud working at koni/boge/etc??? :)

Actually Koni does a lot of work to customer specs and they are easy to
work with.

www.koni-na.com/service.html       "Special one off conversions  . . . . .
. . "

>how about some experiences with cheap struts that can actually be
>disassembled (and modded to my specs). any of the pistons i have found
>simply arent designed to deal with the large radial stresses that are placed
>on the strut while cornering.

Koni also makes shocks for truck and buses.  If that is not heavy duty
enough, they also do trains (including the Euro high speed trains).

>- working on some formulas for coordination of 2 engines, active suspension,
>traction control, virtual-lsd, abs, and a bunch of other crapola.

Don't worry, it only took Ferarri, Mc Laren and Williams a few years and a
few hundred million dollars to figure it out.