Downpipe Bolts

can take a drill to the stud bolt. But before doing that I thought I'd try
those craftsman sockets with edges cut into them that grab stripped nuts.

Has anyone used those before?
_________

Nope, but I have used stud remover sockets - they look like spark plug
sockets but have 3 cammed rollers inside.  Slide the socket over the stud,
turn the socket until the rollers cam into the stud, then crank on it with a
rachet.  I lent them to a buddy with a Flathead Ford - known to have head
stud problems.  He was amazed.

I don't use them to install, as it can roll the threads a bit where the 3
rollers are.  Snap-on and Mac sells them, but I use them so seldomly that I
got a set on sale at Harbor Freight for cheap.

gd