Ignition for Standalone?

I'm using an SDS EM-3 setup, but it's fuel only because it was
previously on an 8v with a vacuum advance distributor. I know there's
a Saab distributor that can be used on the 16v that is vacuum advance,
but don't know what Saab specifically. I'd also rather have something
a little more controllable than a vaccuum advance distributor running
my ignition since my fuel injection will be programmable.

If there's a way that I can seperate the 16v ignition from the 16v
fuel system and have it run, please let me know as I'll do that in the
mean time of saving pennies for a nicer ignition controller or
something.

BTW, is MegaSpark out now? I would be inclined to do that if it is...

Joshua

> If you're not planning on forced induction then the stock KS
ignition should be pretty optimized for
> your engine.
> If you're running forced induction then Megaspark or
Megasquirtnspark, or there is even a EDIS
> adaptation, would all give you the advance/retard control you would
need.
> Plus there are lots of other higher cost solutions like SDS,
Haltech, TEC......