K&N filter setup

Drop in filter flows better than paper... just install and go.

Some people "Swiss Cheese" the air box by cutting holes all over it but all
this does is makes the car louder and helps it suck in more hot air... this
is something you don't want to do IMHO

-Raffi
______________________________

Well, first, you have to install a properly-oiled one.  Then, you have to
drive tens, nay, hundreds of thousands of miles without giving the filter
another thought.  That's about it.
Don't worry about the airbox,  nothing you can do to it will help.

Larry
sandiego16v
______________________________

So where are you guys getting your information?  Dyno?  Air Flow Bench?

Having flowed an entire CIS intake setup, the lower airbox was the most
restrictive part.  And the K&N showed no real benefit over a good paper
element.  Hell, removing the filter didn't make enough of a change that I
could see it making a measureable difference on the Dyno.  And an oiled K&N
flowed less than a paper element.  Have I used K&Ns, yes.  Are they a good
investment in terms of maintenance, yes.  Will they make a lot of power, not
in my experience.  Holing the airbox bottom will increase airflow more than
any other mod - just be sure you do it on the "cold" side of the engine bay.
If you can route some fresh air to it, that helps greatly.  You are
oifcourse still welcome to your opinions as I have mine.

gd