$2K for an 86 Audi 5000 ? whoops

Marko,
Check around for a VW Quantum Syncro.  They can be had for pretty cheap,
I got my '87 for $500, and it's in pretty good shape.  I've done control
arm bushings, clutch master cylinder and a rear shock, otherwise it's
been a nice car.  2.22l 5 cylinder, 5 speed, AWD with locking front and
rear differentials.  Plus it's easy enough to drop an Audi turbo 5 into
it, and it shares almost all it's parts (from the rear doors forward)
with the Audi 4kq.
Nate