1987 16V Scirocco 5th gear popping out while driving andbeingaPITA

hmm. i've been having the same symptoms. my dilemma--how high to fill the
gear oil? seems when i drain the oil and refill with 2 quarts, i'm
overfilled. right now, i stick a finger all the way through the speedo cable
hole and get oil to the top of my fingernail. i think this roughly
corrosponds to the bottom of the "real" fill hole, which i would think would
be the correct level. but again, i'm adding oil tomorrow just for the hell
of it.

-Michael Abatzis
New Orleans!
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, finally taking orders:
www.learnlink.emory.edu/~mabatzi/mikes_page1.html
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...

Our best dial-up offer is back.  Get MSN Dial-up Internet Service for 6
months @ $9.95/month now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup