Quick starter wiring question

Since I am the queen of reversed wires, I just wanted to check
something...(yes Daun, I AM the queen. You have to be princess this time...)
This is on the 16V.

Bentley shows one wire (fat red/black stripe) to terminal 50, on the
frontmost terminal on the starter solenoid, one from the battery on a post
in the middle, and nothing on the rearmost terminal.

Mine has two thinner wires, one red, one black on that front terminal, the
wire from the battery in the middle, and the fat red/black stripe wire to
the rearmost terminal.

So are these wires in the right spot?

Just trying to get the headache to start, still no life from the starter.
I've checked a few things, but want to assure the wires are in the right
place.

And is it normal to have a delay in the voltage reading here when the key is
turned to "start"? Takes about a second to get a reading, and then it is too
high.

Thanks for helping, for once I'm on topic.
Cathy