SCIROCCO.ORG SPEAK UP!! - Seat Rail Clip Reproduction

Chris D. Edwards wrote:
> OK everybody, I will need some participation from everyone on the
> mailing list with a first generation Scirocco.
<snip>
> Thanks everybody and let me know asap.
>
> Chris Edwards
> 81 Scirocco JH
> 81 Scirocco 16V

I am interested.

Please note the following:

- Early (early) Mk1 models, like the 1978, seem not to fit half the kind
of clips I bought from the dealer some years back. (What I mean is they
sold me two types, presumable a LEFT & a RIGHT version. One fit the 78,
one did not.) Doesn't seem such a problem with the 80-81 (or later) of
seats.

- They seem to be made from nylon, a very durable material in this
application. What are you thinking of making the new ones from? (Delrin?)

- $25 seems  lot but it's investing in the future, of course $15 is
better but it's a good thing to have made and around.

TBerk