Rattleing Waterpump Pulley,Why so noisy?

Don't be so sure.. I replaced my water pump with a brand new German one
and it still makes the noise. My noise is of the squeaking/rattling
variety, however.

I blame the ($100 ?) dual pulley with what I believe is a nylon (?)
bearing that always wears out.

You can't just weld it together because the pulleys have to spin at
different speeds (hence the bearing) and your belts will just slip and
wear out/break if you do.

I'm still looking for an easy fix.

I think I'm gonna have to work out some way to reduce the number of
pulleys, though.. I'm getting sick of having two pulleys on everything
when it could all be done with one pulley per accessory (if it wasn't for
the placement of the accessories I would have fixed this by now).

-Toby