Fan Blows but no Hot air...got some hose warmth...

Haven't been following this real close but here is the deal.  Coolant
travels from the  engine, to a valve, (which it sounds like you have found),
this valve is connected by a wire which connects to the heat exchanger lever
on your dash.  When the valve is open, (meaning you have that lever on the
dash in the "hot" position), coolant should flow through this valve into the
car and through the heater core.  The fan inside the car blows air over the
heater core and out the dash vents giving you that warm air we all want this
time of year.  It then comes out of the heater core and back out the
firewall through a hose and into the coolant system.  If no heat is coming
out of the dash vents.... First check to make sure that the fan on the
inside of the car is coming on when you turn the knob on the dash.  Then
open the valve in the engine bay and make sure that coolant is flowing
through it.  (just feel the hose behind the valve ... it should get warm if
the valve is open.)  Then feel the hose right next to that hose... if it
doesn't get warm in the next few minutes... then coolant isn't making it
through the heater core.  Either the heater core is leaking...(which you
would notice because your passenger floor would be full of coolant)..or the
heater core is clogged.  (time for replacement)   the core takes about
1.5-2hrs to change and the part is about $40.00.   Good luck and let me know
if you need anymore help.
Chris
'88 16v Rocco
'78 8v Rocco