A week late, I saw a Rocc, and some OT TDI bllither

I've been meaning to post this for a week, but you know, work and all that
crap...(dang school net nanny protects me from the evils of email, LOL)

Anyway, heading towards the 403, on Hwy 24 near Scotland, Ontario, a red
MkII, anyone out that way?

I was driving the TDI bug back from its date to get a scan (got a new MAF
sensor, the beast is back, so bring it...well, at least I stand a chance of
passing stuff now! Just when it has retired from its life as a dragster too,
it'll run 18s now)
While I was there  I got to see/hear the new PD diesel engine, very
different looking than the traditional setup, since the pump is on the end
(not the front) of the engine, and of course there is a pump on each
injector as well. It has a nice deep growl to it in addition to the expected
tapping sounds. The tech estimated each injector assembly at about $1500, I
figure I could have a 1.6 TD with a whole car wrapped around it for that.
OTOH, it comes in the Beetle next year, maybe a new used car for me in a few
years.

As for Roccos stuff, nothing much to report, it's sort of winter eh? (and
the rest of the fleet is draining my bank account, even the Ford got $700 in
parts). Here's the list for those not familiar with the scrapmetal that
lives here:

1979 Rocc (Klaus)- it got oil, good car...
1980 Rocc (the red rustbucket) -it got a roof over its head
1981 Rabbit - it got the Passat's engine (the kid's)
1987 2L 16V Rocc ( the headache) - it got oil and a battery too
(whoopdeefrickindoo)
1987 TD Jetta  - it's metal flaked/on air, and sleeping for the winter (the
kid's toy)
1988 F 150 - it got a new suspension, clutch hydraulics, brakes and fluids
1990 Dsl Jetta with A/C - it got sent to North Bay with the kid
1991 Passat carcass - it got riced
1999 TDI NewBeetle - it got a MAF, oil, plastics,and snow tires
2001 PT Cruiser - who cares what it got? after the tranny all else was
trivial
See any fun go-fast stuff in there? I don't either  ;(