Crossmember Braces

Eric, first off, I like the design you've chosen - it definately addresses
the problem of helping redistribute the up/down forces that engine torque
places on the crossmember.  If I had an extra $125 lying around right now,
I'd probably order one.  BUT, when you design/sell a product, it's always a
good idea to make the product appeal to as many people as possible.  You
could shut up the nay-sayers by adding a simple welded in triagle on each
end.  Even if you don't "need" the side load rigidity, a couple of extra
welds and two small triangles of steel would probably make your bar a bit
more marketable...  I sense quite a bit of frustration on your part - and
understandably so, but this bar is a remedy for a problem that doesn't show
up on too many of our cars.  BUT, with more and more people upping their
horsepower in their Sciroccos recently, I bet you'll be getting some more
interest soon.  Why not make a small run of 10 or so bars to keep on hand.
Enough of us know about your bar that listers/vortexers will refer people
with questions of stress cracks to you in the future...  It probably won't
make you a bunch of cash, but some extra money here and there is always
nice!

Mark
80 S
81 S