OT non VW lock problem

Im hoping that power locks are all pretty much the same and that u guys
can help.
Short version.
One door on my ford tempo will not unlock. i put wd40 any where that
made sense and that didnt work. what do i do now.

Long winded cersion.
My parents got me (and my brother when he can drive) a starter car.
Basicly a car for us to get where we need until we can afford our own.
The problem: (besideds the fact that its a ford tempo gl, ack...) the
back passanger door simply will not unlock. the little pull up thingy is
broken off almost to the visible base so that only a cm or 2 are
sticking above the door panel. So i cant unlock it manualy. The real
problem is that the power locks wont unlock it (only the one door, all
other doors will unlock manualy and via power).
So I took the panel of in hopes that it was visibly jamed only to find
out that its really hard to see the actual latch, but I can the the
little motor that should operate it by the powere switch. I posted on
diynet.com to avoid asking a scirocco group about a ford, they said to
put some wd40 on all joints and wait a while and it should work. It
didn't. Basicly... WHAT DO I DO?