Water Pump for 1.7l

Justin Tomlinson wrote:

> How much would a water pump run for my little 1.7l? Or does anyone
> have a spare sitting around they'd like to part with, or something
> such as that...
> thanks
>
> Justin Tomlinson
> Jacksonville, FL
> 88 16v Scirocco
> 82 8v Scirocco
>
> ____

You can buy one cheaper by just getting the half of the pump with the
impeller in it but I have always replaced them as a unit:

<http://www.parts4vws.com/catalog/product_detail.asp?PartNumber=037121010A>

In any case, remove the pump as a whole via the (4?) long bolts, not the
smallish (9 mm?) bolts around the outside, they have a habit of gauling
and getting seized up.

As in snapping.

If you're going to spit the two halves do it off the block.

hth,
TBerk