Well, I just bought #3 of my top 6 VWs I want before I die.....ok,well within the next 5 years....

Well, I started looking for my winter car early this year. I was crusing through the
local want-ads and found a 1987 Jetta, 2dr, Wolfsburg edition. for only $400. So I
went to look at it on saturday and needless to say I'll be picking it up next week. The
car is black with the correct WE edition interior (minus one seat) Black headliner,
sunroof, power mirrors, no power windows (it's a winter car, who needs them?) and a
discustingly dirty interior.

So, I looked over the car before putting down a deposit, and I found a few strange
things about it.....

1) I looked under the hood and saw that it has CIS-E and not CIS, indicating that this
has an RD 100hp motor? It has the factory dual outlet exhaust manifold as well. I
didn't think that anything that wasn't a GLI got the plain ol GX.

2) It has rear disks as well,  mind you this is not a car that looks like someone took
the care to put on stuff like this.

I did not have a chance to look in the trunk for the sticker with options on it becuase
it has no keys (taking care of it this week) and the engine was way too dirty to look at
the engine code.

So, as the title states, this is #3 on my list of my top 5 VWs,....

1-Scirocco (check)
2-A2 GTI
3-Jetta coupe(check)
4-A2 GLI
5-Rabbit pickup
6-Rabbit GTI

Oh, this car has a red stripe around the car on the bumpers and mouldings just like a
GLI. SO I was wondering if this is a special Coupe or is this just a regular WE? Thanks
guys

Oh yeah, I won't start driving it until the first salt hits the road, then the rocco goes
back into hybernation :o(

Chris

   \    /
    \  /