  From: W. Hawker
  To: Scirocco List
  Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2003 8:21 PM
  Subject: Gauge Connections

  Thanks to all who helped so far in helping me get the trip of gauges
  connected.  I have removed the ash tray (a some what wasted feature these
  days) and will be installing a three gauge cluster (oil temp, oil pressure
  and volt meter) The existing wiring is in place for the voltmeter, since
  that was the only gauge installed in the 82. I acquired a pressure gauge,
  which came with a LARGE sender unit that has two screw terminals (marked "+"
  and  "WK")  on it and attaches to the end of the head.  What the hell do
  these mean? There is the stock sender on the oil manifold for the "buzzer"
  and warning lite. As well as the sender for the Oil temp gauge is located
  here also. Both are single spade connector type senders.
  Now the question. The gauges are marked  with a "+" , "G" and a "T". Let me
  take a wild guess here and go out on a limb. "+" for power, "G" for ground.
  And "T" for terminal (sender) Correct me if I am wrong, Took some time to
  scrounge the gauges from the recycler and I do not want to blow them up. Oh
  by the way, all VDO.

  Bill H
  82 Scirocco (soon to be completed) restoration
  83 Rabbit Gti (next year's project) daily driver