Running update (mostly just taking up band width)

Kervin Ridgley wrote:

>  After my little spark plug problem,
> I realized my injectors were not spraying correctly.

>    I have always had a hard time getting my injectors out, but yesterday I took them out while the engine was still warm.  Boy was that so much easier!  Each of them came right out with a regular amount of effort.  This will be the method I use from now on.  I also soaked the injectors with the O-rings installed in gas before I installed them.

<snip>

I saw in the book to soak in gas but I have been dipping them in fresh
oil myself. Prob. not the greatest idea but heck prior to the improved
valve cover gasket I had a bunch of oil un the cups anyway.

I really like the warm motor idea.

>    I also put in a 16v radiator with upper and lower hoses from a donor 16v.  I had thoughts that the temps would be much lower, but they are the same.  The radiator is about 30% bigger than my old one, but I think I'm going to switch back.  Why you ask, just look up the price of the upper hoses for a 16v.   $70 from Potterman!  I'll just go back to my regular size.
>
>  Kervin

Kervin, you don't _have_ to use the special 16v only hose, you can use a
Vanagon cap with it's diverter fitting to supply the smaller of the two
hoses. (Just one suggestion).

Lastly, just adding a larger rad won't automatically reduce operating
temps, there is a thermostat and the ability of the coolant to remove
heat from the block to take in to account. Possible clogged  passages,
scale, etc. can be reducing thermo transfer.

Good stuff,
TBerk