New guy

Patrick, Champegne Edition was not a color reference, it was a package option like the S, really it was the precurser to the S.

Every one I have seen is white, and this person even has the opening vent windows (rarest option on a mk1 I've ever seen).   His exact car is sitting at a friends junkyard.  They got special seats like the S models, but had white or silver in the middle instead of the orange and red pattern some of the S seats got.  And, lots of the Champegne Edition cars had some black detailing on the hoods and some had some black stripes on the sides....

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (FOR SALE!)
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v Motronic
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg