[vwpickups] Jetta clutch cable help

Yes, they do have a big spacer there.  It's like two big washers with a thick rubber washer in between.  I am not positive that they came on all A2s but I just did a pedal assembly on an 88 Jetta and a clutch cable on an 89 Golf and they both had them.  HTH!

Dave
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: AUSTINADO16@cs.com
  To: vwpickups@neubayern.net
  Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 8:22 PM
  Subject: [vwpickups] Jetta clutch cable help

  Hi All,
  I've got a favor/question to ask of fellow A2 Jetta owners.

  Where the clutch cable meets the firewall, does your car have a large spacer type goodie?  I'm working on an 86 that has a huge amount of freeplay with a new clutch assembly and cable.  I've found a break in the pedal cluster assembly and welded that up.  So, the flex in the assembly is gone.  However, I seem to remember the A2's had a big round spacer.  This car doesn't have that, and I'm certain that's the cause of the excessive play.

  Info, a quick photo, confirmation from an ETKA CD etc, would be greatly appreciated.  None of my Bentley books so this area of the clutch cable or even the pedal cluster assembly.

  Thanks!

  Todd
  '81 Diesel LX-PU
  '87 Audi 4000S