What parts is the DPR dependant on?

There's a test in the Bentley for testing the resistance of the appropriate
pins in the CPU connector... did you try that?  also look for the voltage
signal of the O2 sensor at the cpu.

does the DPR current fluctuate at idle?  Does it jump up then go negative when
you blip the throttle.

If you change the mixture screw and the DPR current doesn't change there is
something preventing the correct current from reaching the DPR:

O2 sensor is bad out of the box (is that likely? is there a way to test an O2
sensor?)

wiring from O2 to CPU is bad (look for O2 voltage at cpu, does it change as it
warms up)

Bad cpu (unlikely if it was a known working unit)It would be tough to test for
the DPR current at the CPU because of the connector.

wiring from CPU to DPR (I think this is the resistance test in Bentley)

If the DPR current doesn't jump up and go negative the potentiometer might be
bad??

something else that I'm missing???