Changing alternators

This is for my Jetta.  It currently has a Motorola alternator that is
not providing any current.  I have an extra Bosch alternator that I want
to put in.  It seems very straight forward, but the Motorola has two red
wires that both seem to go to the terminal on the battery.  The Bosch
(which is like on my Scirocco) has one place to attach a bigger red
wire.  I just wanted to know if any one else has switched for one kind
to another on their car.  I just go and started using a Multimeter, so I
just want to be sure I'm doing the right thing.

--
Kervin
86 Scirocco 2.0 8v 4K+80% and lots of other numbers and letters