Brake bleeding help...

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 12:23:52AM -0400, Ryan H wrote:

> So what can I do?  Would bleeding only three brakes be a bad idea?  Would air in the broken one ever come out?
> Suggestions welcome.  Thx!

If you're replacing lines or the MC, then yes, not bleeding the last
caliper would be a very bad thing.  You can try to remove the stuck
bleeder with an EZ-out, but they fail just as often as they work, and if
you break off the EZ-out, you are pretty much screwed.  The next option is
to drill the bleeder hole oversize, tap it 1/8" NPT, and thread in a
replacement bleeder valve and seat.  Motormite makes the replacement seat,
costs maybe 5 bucks at Pep Boys.  You want part #13916 or 13960.  Find it
in the aisle with all the "HELP!" brand parts.  I used it successfully in
a Mazda RX7 with waaay overpriced 4-piston calipers.

Dan

--
The bomb will not start a chain-reaction in the water converting it all to
gas and letting the ships on all the oceans drop down to the bottom. It

Vice Adm. W.H.P. Blandy, Cmdr Joint Task Force 1, Operation Crossroads, 1946