Temp gauge?

allyn, 85 roccos do not have a coolant sensor on the
expansion valve that came in on the 16v in 86.

I had a scirocco that did that, and after I switched
out the analogue display out of the prowler into the
daily driver, the flashing led appeared in the daily
driver (was doing it in the prowler before) so the bet
is the cluster is faulty.