Where are all the braggers??????

i eventually managed to get around $5000 out of them, up from an initial
offer of $2k when i wrecked the '88 16v last year. i used appraisals
from a couple of list members (jason c, josh a) that were somewhat
similar to mine. basically, i said "here's what's done to the car.
either give me x dollars or find me another scirocco with these mods in
this condition." which of course, they couldn't. you're entitled to
replacement value of the car, which includes mods, so use that to your
advantage. hth,
Michael Abatzis
New Orleans!
'87 Scirocco 16v, sick right now...