autocross setup advice

I would try to tighten up the rear end with a stiff swaybar and also suggest you get some wide 14"
wheels with genuine race rubber, new or used.  Diamond wheels are cheap but you could look for
some cheap, used lightweight 14x8s with 4x100 bolt pattern.  It will make a whale of a difference.

Another thing to consider is a 3-pt harness; it really holds you in place well and allows you to
concentrate on driving vs just hanging on.

Consider good brake pads (I like the Ferodos I've had for a few years now), and possibly stainless
lines.  Get new pedal pads if the old ones are worn!  And practice heel-and-toeing *every*
downshift!

HTH

Ron