Dyno results. CIS-E vs. programmable engine management.

Thanks!  I was just hoping for 130 or so and was pretty pleased with the
outcome.

Same car, same engine, same dyno.  The ONLY change was fuel and ignition
systems.  If you look closely, the dates are on the dyno plot at the top.  A
larger image (twice the size) of that chart is here:

http://s16v.com/pix/2003-08-09/P8090006a.jpg

I'm running an older programmable engine management system from
http://www.perfectpower.com called the MIC3.  It's not a fancy system but it
was CHEAP (about $450 for the EC, wiring harness, and a few sensors) and
clearly it's getting the job done.  :)

Check out http://s16v.com/vw/88scir.html for details on the engine
configuration.  I'll try to keep that updated as I make changes.  If you
want to go programmable EFI, expect to spend at least $1500 (not including
labor) on ECU, sensors, injectors, fuel rail, coil pack, crank trigger, etc.
Cheaper for 8V if you use factory parts scavenged from a junkyard of course.

What's really amazing to me is that this power was made with approximately
9.3:1 compression on 92 octane gas.  I also couldn't advance the ignition
timing beyond 36 degrees.  If I had 10.2:1 CR and/or 38+ degrees of advance,
I'm pretty sure I would have exceeded 140 at the wheels.

Anyway, the main purpose of the dyno run was to do proper A/F tuning and get
a baseline before the turbo goes in.  Speaking of which, I'm heading out to
the garage to get started on that right now!  :D

Bradley
88 S16V 2.0L EFI

---