FS: Immaculate '81 Indiana Red Ragtop (not mine)

HI everyone - looks like I've gotten into Scirocco sales brokering!   :^)

Actually, when we went on the Roccs in the Fog cruise last spring up in the North Bay, we ran into this guy, Alan Spencer. Since then, he's been intermittently asking me to help him sell his car. Tobias, Raffi, Jason and I have all seen this car in person and it's gorgeous. His asking price is a little steep, but you may be able to talk him down a little (don't tell him I said that!  :).

Anyway, here's the text he forwarded me and I offered to host his pictures because he doesn't seem all that computer-savvy. Hopefully, we can find this thing a good home!  thanks for the bandwidth, JT

pix:  http://validpath.com/images/alanrag/page_01.htm
_____

1981 Scirocco for sale. Indiana Red, tan leatherette interior, sliding ragtop sunroof by Britax (1/2" tear
in vinyl). California car - no rust. About 200K miles (mostly freeway), though odometer shows 114K. Runs
very strong. Beautiful condition inside and out. Repainted to a very high standard ($3K) in 1995.  One
owner since 1982.  Pampered since new, with regular maintenance, including 3K mile oil changes.  Service
records available.  Work in last two years includes new valve stem seals (burns no oil) and new digital
idle stabilizer. Reluctant sale only due to lack of space.  If you're looking for a stock Mk 1 Scirocco,
you need to see this one.  $2,750.  (415) 457-3721, or (415) 899-2228. Alan Spencer San
Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
_______

PS:  His email address is jinger@pacbell.net, but, as I mentioned, he doesn't seem to be all that into computers. You'll have better luck calling.  L8R, JT