wolfsburg or not wolfsburg

ETKA lists a campaign code of 706 for 84 Wolfsburgs.  Prior to that, there
are a few sales campaigns for Sciroccos listed (look under JEG) but
they're not identified as Wolfsburg.

s729 "scirocco" 1.8L 70KW k-jet, spolier front and rear, sill panel
extension, black exterior moldings, alum wheels, electrically operated
outer mirrors, 'basalt' interior trim, sports seats and sports steering
wheel: 53-D-019001>>*

s736 "scirocco" with 1.8L 70KW k-jet; black exterior moldings. wheel disc
'alum',electrically operated outer mirror, interior trim 'black', sports
seats in leather: 53-D-021698>>*

What made an 83 Wolfsburg a Wolfsburg?

Drew