wolfsburg or not wolfsburg

Colour code y3d (tornado red,) according to ETKA was available with sales
campaign code S707 - AKA Wolfsburg edition.

The Wolfsburg package got you your power steering and air conditioning,
along with the body colour bumpers and mirrors, "partially tinted" tails
and rear washer/wiper.

Interestingly enough, your interior code (59) is for sports seats
white/black striping, and matches my 84 Wolfsburg - which means I was
mistaken about the 59 code interior only being available on 84 Wolfsburgs.
Sure enough, ETKA says that interior code 59 was available on 85 Wolfsburg
(and possibly 86, if there was such a beast.)

533-d44 is the sales code number - it is consistent with an car built
between 08-84 and 07-85 for the US market, with 9A gearbox and JH engine.

Interestingly enough, your car's last option matches the sales campaign
for the 85 Scirocco Wolfsburg Edition (707)

Drew

|  84 Wolfsburg Edition TurboDiesel Scirocco  |
|    http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd       |