Might sell my diesel pickup

It's not a Scirocco, but...

I just bought an 81 diesel pickup and have found an 84 Rabbit diesel in
better shape.  Does anyone here have a hankering for a pickup?  It's ugly
& dirty, but runs fine.  Major issues: pass rear spindle is BAD, needs
replaced.  Belts need replaced.  Needs oil/filters changed, rust behind
the wheel arches, faded paint & many scratches, interior VERY ugly.  The
good: runs great, all lights & electrical (excpet temp gauge) seem to
work, has a topper and rear window is pass-through type.

I gave $300 for it, and will part it out if no one can use it as-is.
(This, of course, pending purchase of the 84 Rabbit).  It does have a
title, but the p.o. was an older guy and he signed it in the wrong places.
I had him re-sign it and initial the mistakes he made; if your local
DMV won't accept it, I can ask him to apply for a replacement, but it'll
cost something, I'm sure.

Anyway, I have only driven it the 15 miles or so to get it home, and in
that distance it ran fine.  I ran diesel purge and ATF through the
injectors to clean them out, and cobbled together an exhaust system for it
(which sounds pretty decent, I must say!).  I have also pulled the rear
apart to install a new (or good used) spindle, which I would do before
driving it anywhere.  Belts are ugly, and ought to be replaced, and the
pass side CV boots are torn.  I'd do all this before tyying to drive it
any distance.  Engine has 220K on it and has a newer head gasket and
timing belt (probably within the last 10K miles).  I know the mechanic who
did this work and he verified it for me.

I'd rather keep the truck together than part it out; please let me know if
anyone might be interested in it!

Tks,

Chris
cscmc1@eiu.edu