CIS HELP - Bad Fuel Distributor?

I need help with a straight CIS system.

If I read my Bentley right, when you are testing the injector flow patter
you simply pull the injector.  Jumper the fuel pump so it runs and then
lift the air flow plate to get the fuel distributor to release fuel.  When
you let the plate fall the injector is supposed to stop spraying.  Is this
correct?

Here is my problem:

If the car sits over night, when you jump in it will catch and fire once
and then immediately stall.  It will not start again.  If you leave it over
night same routine happens.

Checked all the timing, etc.  Noticed a fuel smell, so thought it was
flooding itself and decided to check to see if one of the injectors went bad.

Pulled one injector, jumpered the fuel pump and the injector sprayed
immediately.  Raising or lowering the air meter did nothing, it stayed at
full spray until the pump was shut down.

I checked the other three injectors and they do the same thing.  All 4
injectors constantly spray.

So I figure my flooding theory is in line.  Can the fuel distributor or air
meter plate, or something, get stuck so it dumps full fuel all the time?

Can I take the distributor apart to fix it or do I need to find another?

TIA

Cory