Need help again with putting driveshaft in

I tried again to get my driveshaft in my scirocco and
am having problems putting it back in.  First I would
put the bolts on from the inner CV's, but the end of
it frrom where I put in the axle nut would not reach
and was too short.  I unscrewed the inner CV bolts and
tried it from the other way, and then tightened the
axle nut slightly and the other end would not reach in
the inner CV's.  THe ballbearings also kept comming
off, the innter CV.  I could not get it to screw in.
Should loosen the axle nut a little more and try to
put it back in?

Also I think in my Quantum my intank fuel pump is
cauing me problems.  At start up it wants to stall,
but after a while the idle levels off back to the
normal idle.  But I hear buzzing noises.  I saw the
the tutorial on ATS's site and it doesn't look hard.
Is it an easier job than Changing a driveshaft?

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco
1987 White Quantum wagon