[OT: followup to that whole 'plants have feelings' debate]

Okay, now the MEs and the usual experts will just havta sit back. I'm act=
ually
a botanist (Honors BSc). I've got an angel's trumpet, and there were no
screechs heard when my greenhouse roof came down and the snow came in. I'=
ve
been its faithful owner for many years, I was greatly distressed and at g=
reat
risk from the huge chunks of glass hanging in the framework over head. SO=
, it
should have yelled. (now I'll have to go out there with a  rolled up news=
paper
and give it a few whacks on the nose, or on the terminal bud) Now I reali=
ze
that the one in the article is some fancy GMO, likey with screech owl gen=
es
spliced in. (but I'm not seeing where the vocal structures are) =

But there is another good explanation. Angel's trumpet has really dangero=
us
hallucinogenic seeds. Maybe it's the owner's "percepeption" that the plan=
t was
screaming, the owner was fried man. BTW, these seeds are bad shit, don't =
even
play, it could finish you off. We have several fatalities in Ontario ever=
fall from them. Some native peoples used them in "coming of age" rituals,=
 the
young man would consume them, wander off, and if they survived, their
childhood had been permanently erased. As in, the brain got formatted. Pr=
etty
scary stuff. Sounds like half the kids I teach actually.
Cathy =

Dan Smith <sad_rocc@yahoo.com> wrote:

>	MIME Type:=A0multipart/alternative =

> =

> At the risk of starting up the whole mess about plants having emotions =
and
all, I still have to post this link.