Ball joint extenders,was Re: need beta testers (tie-rod relocation)

"Scott F. Williams" wrote:

<snip>
> Soo...
> that sets us back to the drawing board a bit on the a-arm spacers.
>
> But, again!!! I'm not working on that part of the project right now, anyway.
> Right now we're just talking about the tie-rod part of the solution. :^)
> --
> Scott F. Williams

I know massive is against counter to design spec in terms of unsprung
weight but I'd like to propose something like this:

<http://home.mindspring.com/~tberk/_uimages/protextender-alpha.jpg>

I'd want it be formed from a block of material that wasn't just a
pillar or tapered pole type thing.

The hole on the right would attach to the control arm via a new
drilled hole.

The hole on the left is for the main bolt to pass through to the hub.

In these view the right side points towards the midline of the car.

Of course it's rough but it's just a quick sketch.

TBerk