FS: 81 Scirocco "Puma"

I need to think about selling my faithful companion of the last 8 years.
So, here goes ("gulp")!

For Sale: a great 81 Scirocco (Black). I love this car, but we need
something that's better for hauling kids, and not just my plaything.
Here are its credentials:
* Purchased in Virginia in 1995. Odometer now shows 150,000 miles, but
can't verify its accuracy.
* It has an 87 GLI 1.8L 8V "RD" engine with about 100k, an HD Sachs clutch,
the stock 5 speed tranny, and a new Techtonics exhaust.
* Much of this car is stock and original (even most of the paint), with the
exception of:
	- 1.8L 8V "RD" engine and HD clutch,
	- 88 16V leather front seats,
	- 84 GTI wheels with Dunlop SP 8000 tires (one season),
	- Golf/Jetta II radiator and oil cooler,
	- Type 'S' anti-roll bars,
	- Upper front stress bar,
	- Boge Turbo Gas struts and shocks, and
	- Techtonics exhaust.
* All of the body and most of the paint are original. The car was hit
lightly from the back early in its life and rather poorly repaired, but
damage was apparently limited to the rear bumper (which was not even
replaced) and back edges of the outer skins of the quarter panels and
hatch. Although the body is generally rust free, there are a couple of
places where it has surfaced in non-structural areas. The important hidden
structural areas of the unibody are remarkably free of rust. In addition,
it had been through a hail storm, so it does show those dimples on the
upper surfaces. Oh yes, dash has the usual cracks.
* Most of the common wear items have been replaced or upgraded within the
last few years: brakes, steering gear, bearings, joints, bushings, mounts,
switches, etc.
* Everything works on this car (with the exception of the AC, which was
removed), and it runs and handles great.

I have come to the conclusion that it is decision time for the bodywork.
Either I find a way to afford the body restoration this year (in addition
getting another second family car), or sell it to someone else who can. I
can send pictures to those seriously interested.

Thanks,
Cris