HELP! Suspension Springs HELP!

after running my h&r races/bilstein combo for >1 mo, i doubt i'd recommend
them.  though it handles awesome on flat road, and actually takes most bumps
pretty well, there simply isn't enough suspension travel.  h&r claims they
only lower the car 1", but i can barely get 2 fingers between the tire and
fender running 15" wheels/50 series rubber. i'd suspect the drop is closer
to 2". i think the sports lower the car a similar amount, but i'm not sure.
you really feel it if you hit a bump hard enough to really stress the
springs, and simple things like going up steep driveways (careful not to rub
the front valence...) or god forbid looking underneath the car (i need a
jack to do ANYTHING now...) are difficult now.  doesn't anyone make a heavy
spring that doesn't lower the car a ton? closest i've seen is the shine
springs, which at 200# (same as the h/r race) had a much softer ride, even
though they were linear v. the progressive h/r's. i actually don't mind the
ride of the h/r's overall, but they need more travel.  add to that the whole
control arm pointing towards the heavens thing, and i don't know if it's
worth it.  i was thinking of doing a modified shine setup--their 200# front
springs (maybe even 250-300#) with matched rears (instead of the 100# that i
had before). this way i could run a front sway without a ton of understeer,
i'd get good handling, and maintain the suspension geometry. but enough
rambling...

-Michael Abatzis
Hotlanta! GA-->Soon to be New Orleans!
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, finally taking orders:
www.learnlink.emory.edu/~mabatzi/mikes_page1.html
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...