self-adjusting valves!?

--0-1052870944-1050974120=:91533

Alright, about 1000 miles ago I measured my valve clearances(twice) and found quite a few to be quite out of spec.  Now the new discs have arrived, and before I swapped them in I checked the clearances again(twice).  Now they're all within spec.  huh!?  All measurements taken with the engine cold, and with the same feeler gauge.  Any ideas? -Rob