Scirocco factory test car

> The other day when I was working on my car with my
> friend he noticed my vin number had three Z's in it
> and he told me that that means it was a factory test
> car.  Has anyone else ever heard this? What does it
> mean to be a factory test car.

Wow!  Mine's a factory test car too!

Unfortunately, your friend has no clue what he's talking about.  Be
careful taking any auto repair advice from him!

You are looking at the chassis plate under the hood.  They all have ZZZ
on them.  Must have something to do with production, and not knowing
what will be going in the chassis (that's speculation).  The 3
characters missing are "series", "engine type", and "retraint system".

http://www.driversfound.com/gak/vininfo.htm

Greg :)  1985 VW Scirocco 2.0L 8V
http://www.DriversFound.com
http://www.GAKMotorsports.com