Crossmember brace install

Eric..
You neeed to clean that thing..

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Eric S wrote:

> The prototype got bolted to my mk2 today....needless to say, it fit like a glove and the install was overly easy.
>
> Our beta tester (with cracks already) will be recieving his bar next week, he will test it, by measuring his current cracks, intstalling the bar, and beating the living snot out of the car for about 3 months or so, then re-measure cracks.  His car was a stock 16v with bad cracks already, it now has a 2.0 16v and other mods, and should, above all, be a great test to what this bar can really do.
>
> I have no desire to sell something that isn't *proven* to work, other list members *theoretical* doubts aside.
>
> If your interested, here are the pics from the install:
>
> http://www.vintagewatercooleds.com/~scirocco/BARINSTALL/
>
> --
> Eric
> Northglenn, CO
>
> 79 VW Iltis
> 81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
> 81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
> 83 Scirocco Wolfsburg
> 91 Cabriolet (2.0 Crossflow 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)

Brian
88 16v $2003 GRM challenge car http://www.grmotorsports.com
84 0v Next years car got parts?
82 2.0L Topless bunny -- Knock Ignition and bigger clutch. next.
90 90q20v doing daily driver duty.
91 VFR750F everybody needs a 11-12 sec vehicle.

Contact method. Email me for AIM, ICQ, YahooIM, IRC, etc.