  From: Scirocco-al=20
  To: Scott F. Williams ; scirocco=20
  Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 3:42 PM
  Subject: Re: folks w/lowered cars, please comment...

  Watch how you heat treat your spacer.  Do not heat treat it all the =
way
  through as it will be brittle and break.  Try to get it case hardened =
it
  instead  Hardened on the outside but still malleable internally.  =
Heating
  and quenching with an induction coil would be ideal for a part like =
this.

  FYI, I have seen these for sale on someone's website, but I don't =
remember
  who.  Any one else seen these?

  "What is *very* expensive is the spacer to relocate the a-arms =
downwards.
  Such a spacer would have to withstand some extreme stressloads. Of =
course, a
  failure could be catastrophic. So, the design would have to be =
carefully
  engineered to eliminate stress points, etc. The ideal alloy would have =
to be
  used and then heat treated."

  Alan