folks w/lowered cars, please comment...

Brian Wagner wrote:
> There is a shop in Colorado that makes the part you are
> talking about, a ball joint extender. I can't think of the
> name right now but Eric knows for sure.

Yes, that is precisely the shop that I'm referring to. Performance Machine
Works is the name: <http://www.pmwltd.com/catalog.html> This is the same
outfit that build Kevin Wenzel/ Iain Mannix's uber Rabbit with double front
a-arm front suspension.

Here's the write up about the part:
"VOLKSWAGEN LOWER BALL JOINT EXTENDER:
FOR ALL MODELS USING THE 17MM BALL JOINT
Fits pinch clamp on stock VW upright, and stock ball joint shank. Returns
lower control arm to proper angle to improve front suspension geometry on
cars that have been lowered. Machined from 4140/4142 steel and heat treated
to 130,000 PSI. Standard extender drops ball joint 1.5 inches. Can be
machined to special lengths."

Note the heart failure-inducing price tag of $390! OUCH! My goal here is not
to reinvent the wheel. Rather, what we want is already in existence and
proven. The big deal here is to bring the cost down to the $200 range or so.
For that, I need to drum up some volume.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut