Anyone know the going rate of MkI "S" bumpers? Also MkIScirocco GTI

--=======21B57CD8=======

Ok, I know the only difference is the red stripe, but what is a set of
bumpers, or the skins for that matter worth if
they are in very nice shape?  How about the spoiler?  I am buying an '81
"S" parts's car and I won't be needing
a lot of the stuff and am wondering what I should ask for it.
BTW what was special about the Scirocco GTI, besides appearance things,if
any.  I looked at a MkI about 5 years
ago that was badged as a GTI, I figured it was an S, but then list member
Steve Toughill(sp?) mentioned that he
was familiar with the car in question and 'thought' it may really be a
GTI.  He said there was some differences, in
the wiring(not sure what differences)and it really moved compared to a
normal MkI-can't remember what else now.
   We I am 90% sure this is that same car 5 years later, and I don't want
to ruin or throw away potentially rare
items ie motor, trans, etc.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe