De : scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]De la part de Scott F. Williams
Envoyé : 14 avril, 2003 20:31
À : scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Objet : RE: VR6 Swap!!!

> What you think should I do the VR6 swap??

Is the question do we think you should do the VR6 into Scirocco swap? Or, is
the question how should you do it? Well, if it is the former, then I vote
with a resounding "no". I think it is a silly conversion. You'll end up with
a front-heavy, foul-handling car that simply isn't all that fast. Now... if
you put the engine in the middle of the car, went RWD, and did forced
induction, *that* would be the ultimate wild set up. Even without the boost,
it'd be very very entertaining. Is your buddy up to the challenge?

If you have to keep the engine up front, I'd go with a turbo'd 8v for the
most bang for the buck.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut