any techies out there? does this give any power gain or is it just BS?

I would think that Ron is correct, you wouldn't want a mod like this to b=
e in effet all the time.  In theory, what it's doing is tricking the engi=
ne to thinking it is cooler, thus giving more fuel... but then again, at =
anything less than full throttle, CIS uses O2 sensor feedback to correct =
air/fuel ratio anyway (correct me if I am wrong).  It is doubtful that th=
is mod will even work correctly anyway.  Your best option if you have a s=
lightly modified engine is to find (or build) a fuel enrichment module li=
ke the ones Autotech or Techtonics Tuning sells.