[Re: a Scirocco list CALL TO ACTION!!!]

Ok. That did piss me off. This is wht I sent via email:

The comment published in Aprils Mag about Sciroccos has bothered me a lot.

My first VW was a 1969 Bug, as ugly as sin. Rust all over and panels that
didn't match, but it just kept running!. What kept me driving the cars? The
other people that own them.

I am a single Mom, who over the years has learned a lot about keeping a car
alive. I have been taught by people who own Bugs and Busses; Sciroccos and
Rabbits even the people that own Jettas and other types of VW's. Its not the
cars we own, but the class of people that we are.
We are VW owners. We spend a great deal of time and money working on our
cars to make them into what we think is beautiful.

I own a 1981 MKI Scirocco. I have modded it with a 16v engine, changed the
springs and struts myself I even did the exhaust system and the electrical
system (with a lot of help). I do ALL of the maintenance myself and I am
proud of that fact and of my new found abilities.

I have learned a lot from these people on Scirocco.org. We meet once a year
and unlike Waterfest, we are welcomed back by the town. They are not just
friends, but family to my daughter and I.

The guy who wrote that email should grow up. PVW magazine isn't just a
celebration of a couple of machines, but the people who go to such extreems
to to achieve the incredible.

Great magazine. Great people. Great cars.

Julie Macfarlane
Menlo Park Research & Development
Internet Application Developer
www.menloparkrandd.com