[failure notice]

Okay, I will. I just did a proportioning valve easily on mine tonight, a =
few
years back, I wouldn't have even known what it did/where it was. Of cours=
e,
it
was my ineptitude that caused the leakage to begin with. (note, if you ar=
doing a MC, don't grab onto the nutlike part on the end of the valve, go =
for
the two flat spots further in, or it'll leak fluid, oops). But I also did=
 yet
another incarnation of the main wiring (Free Electrons, version 5.0), and=
 it
looks great. Relays are hidden, no more rat's nest on the battery termina=
ls,
etc. The car even starts and the lights work and everything! And a new
(cheapie) antenna so the radio works now too, I don't care about it that =
much
due to the MP3 player.
In a way, I'm glad mine was so neglected, it's made me learn a lot.

And FWIW, I did no homework tonight, my day at work was beyond hell, tomo=
rrow
promises to be worse, and I find working on this old car very relaxing fo=
some reason. I'm glad we found each other.

Cathy, resident idiot...but read below...

Ron Pieper <rapieper@yahoo.com> wrote:
You should send this to the whole list!

;)

Ron

--- Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net> wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> I am asking for a friend who has a scirocco, he ask " How do I remove t=
he
> seats on a1985 Karmann
> Scirocco 8v" can't figure out if they come out the front or back of the=

tracks
> and can't find what
> to "undo" to get them out." any help would be great then I can pass it =
on
> him. Thankx!
> =

> Easy. Slide seat forward. Under the front edge of the seat cushion, fin=
the
> leading edge of the
> center (adjusting) rail. Undo, with a 10mm wrench, that little nut and
bolt,
> and remove. Snap
> off the inboard plastic cover over the seat track (behind the seat). No=
> simply slide the seat
> all the way back and out of the tracks (that little nut stopped the sea=
from
> going back too far).
> Remove seat. Careful for your back when doing so.
> =

> =

> =

That took me back a few years. I recall asking the list this same questio=
when I first got mine, now I feel I've seen almost all of these cars' par=
ts
disassembled. Thanks to you guys for your patience, and continued
helpfulness.
What a great group.
Cathy