[RE: [Re: a Scirocco list CALL TO ACTION!!!]]

I agree. I was quite offended that they would even print the letter thoug=
h. So
who's gonna write it? Somebody start it and we can all chip in with comme=
nts,
sign it , and send it. =

As for VWs, I haven't had any air coolers or A3/ B platform cars, but can=

appreciate any type of modifications, on any kind of VW. My Rocc shares t=
he
garage with a very slow, slammed, big stereo'd, sparkly A2 Jetta(which I
bought new, so had lots of seat time in, back when it was stock). Not the=
 way
I'd do it, but it's my son's pride and joy, and it's looking pretty good.=
 And
I drive an A4 daily, and love it too, but the A1 platform is the one that=
 has
earned my deepest affection, so we can't let this comment drop. If I coul=
only have one, you all know which one it would be, but I'd be sad seeing =
the
new owner of the bug drive away.

As for the comments on what A1s are for? When I crossed the border Saturd=
ay,
they asked "how do you know these people?" I said "We all drive the same =
kind
of cars." I thought about that on the road, I was headed down because one=
 car
was spewing oil and was getting a swap, the other two guys that were ther=
e had
mysterious engine problems / a spun bearing, and mine was apart at home. =
So
next time they ask, it'll be "We all FIX the same kind of cars". But when=
 they
run well (as mine often does), there is nothing I enjoy more. So I'd say =
they
are for fixing, and loving. And driving hard. (and then, maybe fixing aga=
in)

But let's get a letter going.
cathy

PS. Mine's back together now, when the road dries up, time for the hard
driving. And smiling.